The articles have been written by owner directors of SMEs who want to pass on their experiences and help you avoid making some of the most common mistakes. Here you will find essential business information and links to other organisations’ websites for further reading and research; and access to businesses offering services useful to help your existing company or your next venture.
You can find all the information you need in one place. If you need advice on cash flow management, email marketing or designing a new website you will find a helpful article on this site.
What is more, you can read free articles featuring advice from experts in response to readers’ queries.
Information exists covering the following key business areas:
- Business Structures – Limited, sole trader, LLP, partnerships etc
- Finance – Bank, accountant, loans & finance, overdrafts, invoice factoring, payment insurance etc
- Legal – Solicitors, contracts, employees, client terms & conditions, key man insurance etc
- Health & Safety – Computer use, eye tests, breaks, working time regulations etc
- Employee Benefits – Pension, life insurance, health insurance, crèche, maternity/paternity etc
- Marketing – Branding, stationary, business cards, corporate identity, email & internet marketing (including websites, direct mail campaigns and search engine optimisation, SEO), PR, advertising, direct mail etc
Things to consider
Whether you want to start a business or you already run one, there are many things to be mindful of and this continues throughout the life of the company.
For those just starting out, you will have to think about:
- Why do I want to start a business?
- What sort of entity do I want to be?
- How will I run my business?
- Where will I run my business?
You will need to:
- Research and understand your market
- Create business and marketing plans
- Receive professional financial and perhaps legal advice
- Obtain insurance cover
- Learn from others
This is just the start.
As a company grows, these and existing companies could face decisions around employing new staff and employee benefits, information technology (IT), expansion and new premises and sources of finance and investment, to name a few.
Running or creating a small or medium sized business (SME) carries with it many considerations covering an array of subject areas. By using this single, user-defined source of information, based upon our experiences and those of others – and on existing legislation or best practices – it will help you gain the knowledge or practical advice you need or find links to other relevant sources of information.
Another key benefit of Business Information UK is the ability to search for and receive the services needed to help your enterprise thrive and grow.
This site provides access to an array of business service providers offering support, advice and solutions, from solicitors and commercial law advisors to book keeping services, tax advice and even direct mail equipment, to name just a few. Click here to find out more.
If you or your business would like to be included as a service provider, in the first instance please contact us, by clicking here.
Your Questions Answered
If you are not able to find the information you are looking for, or there are subjects you would like to see discussed, please contact us and we will try to provide useful responses in the form of articles.
You can access these articles free, here on the Business Information UK website.
The Business Information UK team comprises of individuals who between them have more than 40 years’ experience running small businesses and have encountered many of the successes and challenges faced by smaller companies in the UK.
If we do not have the expertise to write an informed article in response, we will find someone with knowledge who can answer it with authority.
By sharing ideas and experiences, providing access to relevant service providers and in responding to readers’ suggestions or queries by posting articles, it is hoped Business Information UK will become the first port of call for all start-ups and existing SME business owners facing similar issues.
Business in 2023
By contributing information, we hope to provide a useful source of relevant services to those experiencing challenging times or just needing a little practical advice.
With this in mind, we aim to encourage participation from as many businesses and individuals as possible. Please refer Business Information UK to colleagues, other business owners, start-ups, friends and acquaintances.
All the Information You Need
Business Information UK is one of a group of sites providing useful information to visitors. Each of these sites is focused on a single subject area and includes:
- Schools Search UK – Find a local school
- Accountants Search UK – Find a local accountant
- New Homes Search – New homes in the UK
- UK Home Information – Information and tips for UK home owners
Contacting Business Information UK
If you wish to suggest an article idea, need answers to a particular question or you are interested in your company being listed as business service provider, please contact us.